Dr. Vipul Patel is the founder and chairman of the International Prostate Cancer Foundation (IPCF). His experience in the management of prostate cancer patients has led him to form this foundation as a further extension of his worldwide efforts. The clinical management of patients on a daily basis has its limits on breadth. However, the foundation will allow a more widespread and global impact and help the lives of more men afflicted with the disease worldwide.
- He is the Medical Director of the Global Robotics Institute.
- He is Medical Director of Urologic Oncology, Florida Hospital Cancer Institute.
- He is Professor of Urology at the University of Central Florida.
- He is the most experienced robotic surgeon worldwide over all surgical specialties, having performed over 3,500 robotic prostatectomies (New York Times, February 14, 2010, Page A1).
- As of October 2011, Dr Patel has completed 5,000 surgical procedures and has advised and treated thousands of additional patients.
- Received his medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas, and completed his residency and fellowship at the University of Miami in Miami, Florida.
- Served as the Director of the Center for Robotic and Computer-assisted Surgery at The Ohio State University Medical Center for three years, where he was also an Associate Clinical Professor of Urology and Associate Professor of Bioinformatics.
- Founder of the Society of Robotic Surgery.
- Founder and Editor-in-chief of The Journal of Robotic Surgery.
- Author of the first published textbook on robotic urology.
- Received Honorary Professorships from University of Milan, Korean University, the Asian School of Urology and the College of Medicine, and Ricardo Palma University in Lima, Peru.
- Teaches advanced courses in robotic surgery for the American Urologic Association.
- Performed, or trained other physicians in, robotic surgery and helped establish programs at Cornell New York-Presbyterian Hospital, Yale University, Lahey Clinic, University of Miami, MD Anderson, Duke University, Guys Hospital London (UK), The Royal Melbourne (Australia), Moscow State University (Russia), Beijing Military Hospital (China), Fundación Puijvert, (Spain) All India Institute (India), Korean University (Korea), Tokyo Medical University (Japan), European Oncology Institute (Italy), Karolinska Swedish Institute (Sweden), Albert Einstein (Brazil), Sirio Lebanese (Brazil), Clínica Marly (Colombia) and Clínicas Caracas (Venezuela).
Thank you, for taking the time to learn about the mission of our International Prostate Cancer Foundation. Please join us as we start our journey in the fight against this formidable disease. The spirit of the foundation is a culmination of the inspirational ideas and motivation provided to us by our colleagues and a patients over the last decade of clinical practice. READ MORE